[developers] Type hierarchy extraction problems

Andrew Chester a.chester at student.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Aug 21 08:53:18 CEST 2013

Hello developers,

As per Tim's inquiry a few months ago, I have tried to extract the lexical
type hierarchy for ERG(1212) using the command:

(lkb::types-to-xml :file "/tmp/types.xml")

after loading the grammar.

However, the resulting file seems incomplete, as it doesn't appear to
include
any type which is a child of main_verb (for a concrete example: v_-_it_le).
Could anyone point me to where I am going wrong? The types which are missing
from the extracted hierarchy also seem to lack TDL summary information in
the online type database
(
http://cypriot.stanford.edu/~danf/cgi-bin/ERG_1212/description.cgi?type=v_-_it_le
).