[developers] generation bug in Agree - "are not permitted to look you."

Spencer Rarrick spencer.rarrick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 04:59:13 CET 2013

Re: fixed-aritiness per pred, if you look at core.smi for the erg, there
are quite a few preds listed here with "optional" arguments. (At least that
is what I assume "[...]" means around an argument position, and it is
consistent with the behavior seen with "_look_v_1_rel".)  I'm not entirely
certain under what the criteria are for using optional arguments vs
creating a new pred for a particular form.  Perhaps there is some sort of
"implied" argument in cases where an optional argument is omitted?
However, there seems to be some inconsistency here (or perhaps a
consistency that I don't fully understand), as none of the arguments on
"_exaggerate_v_1_rel", "_eat_v_1_rel" or "_drink_v_1_rel" are optional
(they always have ARG0, ARG1 and ARG2), but ARG2 on "_look_v_1_rel" is
optional, and the different arity versions appear on "look_v1" and
"look_v4".  Any ideas what may be going on here?

Spencer