[developers] LOGON: error `input fix-up ambiguity: 2 outputs'

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Sat Mar 1 04:54:42 CET 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to get the LOGON MT set up ready for my students to work with,
and I've hit an error message that's new to me (in the message subject).
This comes about when I try to translate from Frisian (frr) to English
(eng) for any sentence with a pronoun in it.  Sentences without pronouns
work fine, and eng2frr works, even with pronouns.

Perhaps relatedly, the pro-drop rule I've defined (for other output
languages) doesn't fire for frr inputs though it does for eng inputs,
though I've been unable to spot the difference in the (relevant portions
of) the MRSs.   (And the `input fix-up ambiguity' error appears whether or
not that rule is enabled as part of the grammar.)

I'm attaching the grammars in case anyone is curious, but what I'm really
looking for is any leads on what the error indicates.

I suspect the difference has to do with the fact that the frr grammar was
built last year, while eng was (re)built this year, so the Matrix versions
are not the same.  But I haven't yet been able to pinpoint a relevant
difference.

(This is all with Ubuntu+LKB 17, 64-bit version.)

Thanks for any leads,
Emily

--
Emily M. Bender