[developers] outdated yzlui binary in 'delphin' installation system

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Apr 18 09:27:40 CEST 2014

> http://moin.delph-in.net/LkbInstallation
>
> If this is still a distribution channel we want to support, what would be
> the right way to get a new yzlui deployed there?

i still view these so-called LinGO builds as our default delivery channel
for the casual LKB user, say in a grammar engineering class.  the builds
are generated sporadically from the LKB SVN trunk by david at UW.

as an immediate measure, we could advise users to run ‘pangolui’ (which i
presume is in current builds, though cannot check just now) instead of the
ancient ‘yzlui’, e.g. through their LUI environment variable.

to propagate the new ‘yzlui’ binary you provided for testing in the LOGON
tree earlier this year, we would have to (a) conclude that the test was
successful; (b) have you or me push the binary and associated libraries
into the LKB trunk; (c) ask david to generate a new build; (d) confirm that
all works as advertized; and (e) make david activate this latest build as
the ‘current’ one.

as for (a), i had received one report about missing shared libraries which
i will forward separately.  assuming we just decide to bundle these
additional libraries with the binary, i do not know of any issues
introduced by the new ‘yzlui’ binary (which has been on by default in LOGON
since mid-february).

regarding (b), i would be happy to give you write priviliges on the LKB
trunk, so you can take on the maintainer role for LUI binaries there; okay?

all best, oe