[developers] HPSG Ellipsis

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Sat Aug 1 05:40:35 CEST 2015

Dear Omid,

[I'm adding the DELPH-IN developers list to the cc, as other
folks there might have more detail for you.]

Based on the analysis of the sentence "Kim can" at the online
ERG demo, I'd expect any sentence analyzed as involving ellipsis
to contain ellipsis_rel in its MRS v_aux-ell-ref_dlr in its derivation.

There is a short entry on ellipsis in the ERG Semantic
Documentation pages here:

http://moin.delph-in.net/ErgSemantics/Ellipsis

I hope this helpful,
Emily