[developers] HPSG Ellipsis

omidb at cs.rochester.edu omidb at cs.rochester.edu
Sat Aug 1 06:15:41 CEST 2015

Thanks Emily!

--Omid

From: Emily M. Bender
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2015 8:41 PM
To: omidb at cs.rochester.edu;developers
Subject: Re: HPSG Ellipsis

Dear Omid,

[I'm adding the DELPH-IN developers list to the cc, as other
folks there might have more detail for you.]

Based on the analysis of the sentence "Kim can" at the online
ERG demo, I'd expect any sentence analyzed as involving ellipsis
to contain ellipsis_rel in its MRS v_aux-ell-ref_dlr in its derivation.

There is a short entry on ellipsis in the ERG Semantic
Documentation pages here:

http://moin.delph-in.net/ErgSemantics/Ellipsis

I hope this helpful,
Emily