[developers] Empty file named ... at logon/uio/test/logs/

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Tue Oct 6 18:26:25 CEST 2015

hi emily and laurie,

> There seems to be an empty file called '...' in the LOGON svn,
> which is leading to problems (see below).  Can this be removed?

i just removed that file; it was residual from the times when the
LOGON tree was versioned in CVS, to include the otherwise empty
directory in the repository.

out of curiosity, however, does removing this file really resolve your
problems?  the file name ‘...’ seems perfectly legitimate (if somewhat
creative) to me, and those periods all are plain ASCII, i.e. i wonder
how your SVN client would consider them ‘invalid characters’?  also,
this file has been around for decades and not caused problems in the
past (for all i know).  so, please keep me posted in case your problem
persists ...

best, oe