[developers] RMRS in delph-in toolchain

Joshua Crowgey jcrowgey at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 3 22:57:33 CET 2015

Hi developers,

Several you attended the Lushootseed LAD a couple of weeks ago (notes
here: http://moin.delph-in.net/LADLushootseedSemantics), where we
discussed a number of aspects of applying RMRS to
Lushootseed---motivations, technical details, etc.  One several
questions for the session had to do with the practical realities of
using an RMRS grammar within our usual toolchain/environment.  More
specifically:

 * Has anyone previously implemented an RMRS grammar in TFS (and could I
see a copy)?
 * If I were to go ahead and encode an RMRS in TFS in my grammar, what
aspects of our usual machinery (LKB, ACE, TSDB) would or wouldn't work?

I think that the time-limitations of the session, along with the
interesting discussion that the was generated by some of the other
questions led to a situation where we didn't really talk much about this.

Thanks so much for any tips and pointers!

--
Joshua Crowgey