[developers] smallish native DMRS grammar

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at u.washington.edu
Wed Jan 6 20:00:55 CET 2016

Just a small point on terminology, if I can recall correctly:

Ann uses: characteristic variable/argument
oe uses: distinguished variable/argument
the compromise to this standoff was: intrinsic variable/argument

And sorry, I wasn't trying to focus only on grammars with ICONS. And as far
as not-huge but probably messy grammars, Zhong comes to mind (I think the
A-not-A constructions violate the characteristic-variable property:
http://web.stanford.edu/group/cslipublications/cslipublications/HPSG/2015/wsb.pdf#page=18).
It was until recently actively developed, but with Sanghoun now having
other responsibilities the development pace has slowed. Zhenzhen, I
believe, is the primary maintainer now.

Hope that helps