[developers] LUI binaries in the main LKB repository

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jan 15 21:25:08 CET 2016

hi again, david and woodley,

> while synchronizing versions in the LOGON tree vs. the main (or LinGO)
> SVN repository for the LKB, i noticed that the main repository still
> appears to feature separate ‘yzlui’ and ‘pangolui’ binaries, both
> several years older than the unified, pango-enabled ‘yzlui’ binaries
> in the LOGON tree.
>
> i suspect the LOGON versions have been comparatively widely tested
> since they were last updated (in march 2014, i believe while woodley
> was visiting here), and i am not aware of any known compatibility
> issues.  i suspect the LinGO builds possibly get most used in grammar
> engineering classes at UW (and by other users of your bootable cd
> distribution).
>
> would you want me to propagate the latest LUI binaries into the LKB trunk now?

per request by emily, i just applied the above propagation of LUI
binaries, i.e. the old ‘pangolui’ binaries in the LKB trunk are now
gone, and the ‘yzlui’ binaries updated to current versions, which
include pango support.

david, may i suggest you remove the ‘pangolui’ patches you had applied
in your build set-up and re-generate a fresh ‘test’ build of the LinGO
collection?

all, while at it, i also purged all binaries and libraries for Solaris
and for PPC architectures from the LKB trunk.  for all i know, these
platforms hardly exist anymore, and either way those binaries have not
been maintained and tested in close to a decade now.

with thanks in advance, oe