[developers] Trigger rules still being requested

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Wed Feb 10 16:43:55 CET 2016

Dear all,

In the Matrix derived grammars, we have the following in  lkb/script:

;;;
;;; SSH 2012-03-27 This invokes trigger rules for semantically empty
;;; lexical entries. The trigger rules themselves should be in
;;; trigger.mtr in the grammar directory. The documentation on trigger
;;; rules: http://moin.delph-in.net/LkbGeneration
;;;
;;; SSH 2013-05-23 The semi.vpm file needs to be loaded *before* the
;;; trigger.mtr file in lkb/script for correct interaction.
;;;

(mt:read-transfer-rules
 (list
  (lkb-pathname (parent-directory) "trigger.mtr"))
  "Generation trigger rules"
  :filter nil :task :trigger :recurse nil :edges 200 :subsume nil)

;;;
;;; Matrix-derived grammars often have stable enough semantic
;;; representations that the grammar can usefully be tested
;;; by generating from them.  The function index-for-generator()
;;; must be called for generation to be enabled.  In grammars with
;;; small lexica, this takes a trivial amount of time.  If
;;; generation is not being used regularly, and the indexing
;;; is taking too long, comment out the following.  index-for-generator()
;;; can also be run from the expanded LKB top menu, under
;;; Generate.
;;;

(index-for-generator)

It is my understanding that (index-for-generator) is what is behind the
messages
suggesting trigger rules for semantically empty lexical entries, but even
though
we call it after loading the trigger rules, we still get messages such as
the following:

Is there something else we're supposed to do so that we only see those
messages
when an entry truly lacks a trigger rule?

Thanks,
Emily

--
Emily M. Bender