[developers] QUERY REGARDING GRAMMAR COMPILATION

Michael Wayne Goodman goodmami at uw.edu
Sat Oct 22 07:54:16 CEST 2016

Hello Naman,

I'm adding the DELPH-IN developers list [1] since I'm not a developer for
ACE nor GG, and others might have more information for you. I'd be happy to
answer pyDelphin questions, however, and for that I encourage you to either
file an issue [2] or ask on the developers list.

But I think I can solve your immediate problem.

In order to get GG's DAT file for ACE to use, you'll need to compile it
(see [3]). The repository you are using appears outdated, as it doesn't
have the relevant files for ACE. Try the one in the LOGON repository,
instead: http://svn.emmtee.net/trunk/dfki/gg

Navigate to the gg directory and run the following:

    ace -g ace/config.tdl -G gg.dat

When the command terminates, you should be able to use the gg.dat file with
ACE:

    echo "Das Haus ist kelin." | ace -g gg.dat

I hope that helps you get started.

[2] https://github.com/delph-in/pydelphin/issues
[3] http://sweaglesw.org/linguistics/ace/download/ace-0.9/doc/options.wiki