[developers] QUERY REGARDING JACYTOP

Francis Bond bond at ieee.org
Sat Nov 5 21:03:00 CET 2016

G'day,

Please keep <developers at delph-in.net> CCed.

I think when you mean 'generate MRS' you mean what we generally call
'parse'.

You need to segment the text before passing it to Jacy.   You can do it
yourself, or use our script.

echo 'どこの出身ですか?' |  python utils/jpn2yy.py |  ace -g jacy.dat -y1Tf

Here is some documentation: http://moin.delph-in.net/JacyYYMode

How are you making DMRSs?  Some of them you said you could not make, it
appear that PyDelphin can:

http://localhost/delphin-viz/demo/#input=%E3%81%8A%E3%81%AF%E3%82%88%E3%81%86&count=5&grammar=jacy-uw&tree=true&mrs=true&dmrs=true

I also tested generation:

I can generate from inp.mrs:
 cat ~/Downloads/inp.mrs | ace -e -g jacy.dat
太郎 が 吠え た
NOTE: 33 passive, 207 active edges in final generation chart; built 37
passives total. [1 results]
NOTE: generated 1 / 1 sentences, avg 1735k, time 0.01679s
NOTE: transfer did 9 successful unifies and 11 failed ones

And (after segmentation) I can parse and (over) generate for most sentences.

echo "どこ の 出身 です か ?" | ace  -g jacy.dat -T1 | ace -e  -g jacy.dat
NOTE: 1 readings, added 374 / 130 edges to chart (50 fully instantiated, 34
actives used, 27 passives used) RAM: 2002k
NOTE: parsed 1 / 1 sentences, avg 2002k, time 0.01291s
何れ の 出身 で ござる か
何処 の 出身 で ござる か
いずれ の 出身 で ござる か
どちら の 出身 で ござる か