[developers] Latest ERG not generating unknown names with ACE

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sat Apr 15 09:59:38 CEST 2017

> Unity, _generic_proper_ne_ is dropping.
> _generic_proper_ne_ is dropping unity.

it looks as if the right (generic) lexical entry is triggered, but its
surface form does not reflect the CARG.  could you email the input MRS?

what happens in the LKB?  e.g. when you do something like:

(lkb::generate-from-mrs (mrs::read-mrs-from-file
"~/src/logon/lingo/erg/mrs/nn.mrs"))

maybe dan has finally changed his analysis of proper names, to make them
more similar to common nouns (no CARG)?

—a general comment: do you guys have a specific reason to work off the ERG
trunk?  among other things, its SEM-I (and hence generation behavior) is
not nearly as well-defined as in the 1214 release.

best, oe