[developers] Difference between neg_rel/modifiers and modals

Guy Emerson gete2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri May 19 03:55:10 CEST 2017

I think Emily's goal was to figure out what representation we should use,
and whether we need to have different representations
cross-linguistically.  (Emily, is that a fair summary?)  I can see that a
negated event could be problematic, but I was going off the ERG semantics,
where neg_rel has two arguments, so it looks like we do have not(e,P).  In
DMRS, we can avoid saying whether there is an event, but it's there in the
MRS.