[developers] wrapping up the 2017 summit

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Aug 17 11:20:56 CEST 2017

dear colleagues,

last week, i had the privilege to host (no less than) the thirteenth
annual DELPH-IN Summit here in oslo.  there were 26 participants at
the meeting (of which three were local), and i am deeply grateful to
everyone who contributed to the programme and discussions!

we have collected presentation materials and notes from the
discussions on-line, as much as possible:

  http://moin.delph-in.net/OsloSchedule

in case you notice missing links or have additional slides or notes
you would like to see linked, please get in touch with me.  berthold,
ping?

at the business meeting this year, we briefly discussed a proposal for
a DELPH-IN ‘mission statement’, e.g. an attempt to distill some of the
(high-level) core values that define our collaboration and informal
network.

we imagine this statement should go onto the outward-facing DELPH-IN
web pages (‘http://www.delph-in.net’; overdue for some editorial
updates) and might serve to inform candidate collaborators, funding
agencies, and of course ourselves.

the standing committee, with input from the 2014 summit, has prepared
a draft mission statement:

  http://moin.delph-in.net/TomarValues

we would now like to open public discussion of this document,
anticipating that we will declare the text generally accepted if no
major reservations or requests for revision are made within the next
two weeks.

which is not to say that we do not want to consider changes or
extensions.  if you have feedback or suggestions for revision, please
either email the standing committee (‘standing at delph-in.net’) or the
full participants group: ‘participants at delph-in.net’.

finally, although the exact dates remain to be determined, we look
forward to holding the next DELPH-IN Summit in the second half of june
in paris next year.  many thanks to berthold cryssmann for the kind
offer to host the meeting!

best wishes, oe