[developers] new macOS version of the LKB

John Carroll J.A.Carroll at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 11:57:22 CEST 2017

Hi,

I’ve just uploaded a new macOS version of the LKB with improved Unicode support and much faster GLB computation. This version addresses most of the points in "Proper support in the display/entry for non-ascii encodings" at http://moin.delph-in.net/LkbWishlist .

The main highlights are:

* The macOS 'Input Sources' menu can be used to switch between language scripts, and the 'Keyboard Viewer' provides convenient multilingual text entry.

* Window titles are now able to show any Unicode character.

* Grammar and lexicon files are no longer subject to Unicode NFC normalisation.

* Much faster GLB computation for large type partitions.

The download link and installation instructions are at http://moin.delph-in.net/LkbMacintosh . I’ve still got a long list of suggested enhancements from the DELPIN Summit and subsequently. I’m working on them, and I also hope to make a Linux version soon.

John