[developers] Grammar versioning and release strategies

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Sat Sep 16 01:31:52 CEST 2017

hi mike,

> We're wondering if anyone has good strategies (implemented in software,
> described in documentation, or otherwise) for ensuring accurate versions?

in the days of hosting the ERG in CVS, we had a so-called commit hook
to force-update the revision on ‘Version.lisp’ whenever any of the
grammar files were changed.  this mechanism got lost when migrating to
SVN, but i it imagine should not be hard to re-instante.  i am tempted
to look into that for the ERG before too long, but need to finalize a
manuscript first :-)

cheers, oe