[developers] Linux and macOS versions of LKB-FOS

Ned Letcher ned at nedned.net
Sat Dec 23 07:16:31 CET 2017

Hi John,

That's super exciting!

I managed to get it running and parsing on my Ubuntu 17.04 machine. There
were a few errors on run of the 'lkb' command from within Emacs. I've
included the output below. It looks like there might be some hardcoded
paths that don't match my system in the lk-fos binaries. One is failing to
pickup yzlui. Would be great to have yzlui support.

It could also be good to add suggestions for installing slime, as I suspect
many won't have it on their system. 'sudo apt-get install slime' did the
job for me, and I also had success using the Emacs package manager.

(progn (load "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/slime/swank-loader.lisp"
:verbose t) (funcall (read-from-string "swank-loader:init")) (funcall
(read-from-string "swank:start-server") "/tmp/slime.31486"))

Welcome to LKB 5.5 (beta) (built with SBCL, 04:52:21 7 Dec 2017)

WARNING: #P"/usr/share/fonts/truetype/dejavu/DejaVuSansMono-Oblique.ttf"
doesn't exist
[NIL] lsp-loop(): premature end of file (read 88 characters)
[NIL] lsp-loop(): read: `"/bin/sh: 1: exec:
/home/ubuntu/Documents/delphin/lkb/bin/linux.x86.64/yzlui: not found
"'.
*
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::Q in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::LISP-VERSION-STRING in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::UNIQUE-DIR-NAME in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::FILE-NEWER-P in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::SLIME-VERSION-STRING in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::DEFAULT-FASL-DIR in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::BINARY-PATHNAME in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::HANDLE-SWANK-LOAD-ERROR in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::COMPILE-FILES in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::LOAD-USER-INIT-FILE in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::LOAD-SITE-INIT-FILE in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::SRC-FILES in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::APPEND-DIR in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::CONTRIB-DIR in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::LOAD-SWANK in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::DELETE-STALE-CONTRIB-FASL-FILES in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::COMPILE-CONTRIBS in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::LOADUP in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::SETUP in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::STRING-STARTS-WITH in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::LIST-SWANK-PACKAGES in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER::DELETE-PACKAGES in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER:INIT in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER:DUMP-IMAGE in DEFUN
WARNING: redefining SWANK-LOADER:LIST-FASLS in DEFUN
WARNING: Not reloading SWANK.  Package already exists.

debugger invoked on a SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR in thread #<THREAD "main
thread" RUNNING {1007830083}>: Failed to find the WRITE-DATE of
/home/ubuntu/common-lisp/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.20/packages.lisp:
No such file or directory

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:EXIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

((LABELS SB-IMPL::RESOLVE-PROBLEMATIC-SYMLINK :IN
SB-IMPL::QUERY-FILE-SYSTEM) NIL)
0]