[developers] INDEX on scopal modifiers

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Tue Dec 26 15:44:10 CET 2017

Thanks, Ann.  It wasn't the coindexation of the scopal mod's INDEX with the
head's INDEX I was worried about, but rather the why, which you answered.
I was thinking in terms of modifiers/arguments and hadn't gotten to
composite tens/aspect marking.

(The reason the ERG doesn't identify ARG0s there is because the scopal mods
carefully don't identify their own INDEX & ARG0.)

Thanks,
Emily