[developers] on-line demo / simple sentence

paul at haleyai.com paul at haleyai.com
Sat Apr 7 00:21:52 CEST 2018

Thanks Olga and Woodley.

I understood the passive but had not considered “X did him”!   The others, to the best of my knowledge, leave X as the subject (not ARG2 or ARG3), no??

You are correct regarding what I expected Woodley and it may not be in the ERG.  The top parse for “he is done cooking” has him as the subject (with some interesting variations).

I understood the possibility that some unspecified agent was doing something to him (as in one interpretation of “he is done cooking”) and would have been impressed to see some “unknown” in the MRS to that effect.

At least I can make sense of this interpretation now, even though I was hoping for something else.

Thanks again,

Paul