[developers] ERG + unknown words = "a word was not in the lexicon"?

Olga Zamaraeva olzama at uw.edu
Fri Apr 20 20:31:16 CEST 2018

Dear developers,

Usually I do not get the following message from the ERG when I check
"unknown words". Could anyone comment on this, is this expected in some
cases? (Admittedly the sentence is a crazy constructed sentence, but the
fact is, I got it off a teaching slide which suggests that we look at an
ERG parse, which makes me think it used to be possible to parse it?)

(input: "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck
wood?")

[image: Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 11.28.06 AM.png]