[developers] doc-strings in TDL for DELPH-IN

Woodley Packard sweaglesw at sweaglesw.org
Tue Aug 7 09:27:23 CEST 2018

Hello docstringers,

I have added to ACE the ability to detect and ignore triple-quoted strings anywhere within a TDL statement.  I will leave it to others to determine and police legal placement.  The (very lightly tested) update is available in the ACE SVN trunk for those who wish to test it.  I will be happy to make a binary release soon if bugs are not uncovered.

I have one nit to pick with the proposed regular expression for doc strings.  The following docstring would be treated as terminating early, since the backslash is gobbled up without being interpreted:

"""hello"\"""not done yet"""

This one is legal in python (and handled properly by ACE :-)).

Best,
-Woodley