[developers] text analysis advice

Guy Emerson gete2 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 20 15:00:32 CEST 2018

That looks like the same error I was getting before.  I never managed to
get further, although I haven't tried again since that last thread.  If you
are interested, you could try running gdb and consulting the thread (look
at the last couple of messages) to see if it's crashing at the same place.
Regardless of where it is crashing, it is probably because some Linux
functionality is still missing.  If you're using the most up-to-date
version of WSL, then there's not much you can do without delving into the
details of WSL.  I don't think anyone on the developers list (including
myself) knows enough about WSL to do this.

The only reliable way I know of running ACE on Windows is to use a
VirtualBox.