[developers] text analysis advice

#KANG NI YING BIANCA# KANG0093 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Wed Aug 22 10:37:11 CEST 2018

Thank you, Dr Emerson, for the suggestion of VirtualBox! With it I managed to get the local server running on Ubuntu and can now successfully use it with the REST interface on Windows.

I get an ERROR:root:Malformed output from ACE: each time I ask ACE to parse something, but the sentence still gets parsed and the output returned seems to be alright. Specifically I am just checking for imperatives; comparing a few runs against the output I got from using http://chimpanzee.ling.washington.edu/bottlenose/erg/parse gives me the same results. I think in this case I do not have to be too concerned about that error message? Please do correct me if I am mistaken about this.

Thank you again for all the advice and help!

Regards,

Bianca