[developers] SEM-I question: properties on 'i' variables

Michael Wayne Goodman goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 23:49:22 CET 2018

(forgive me for replying to both of our subthreads in this one)

Regarding the redundant synopses: Oops. Thanks for pointing out the
difference in the predicate symbols. My mistake.

Regarding square-bracket-optionality: Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to
write code to use SEM-Is to validate and fill out partial MRSs, but all
I have to go on is the SemiRfc wiki, the LKB's source code, and the
ERG's SEM-I as an example. I'd be happy to see any additional notes or
documentation about the implementation.

It seems like developing a coherent strategy for marking
optional/unexpessed arguments in our grammars would make a good SIG at
the next summit.