[developers] terg in the LOGON tree

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Fri Mar 15 07:39:54 CET 2019

hi alexandre,

i can reproduce the issue you describe on one of my linux environments,
while the instructions as published work fine on others.  it appears newer
versions of the SVN client enforce some testing that gets in the way.  and
for all i can tell right now, that is an unwarranted error report.

either way, the problem goes away when i follow the instructions from SVN,
i.e. add ‘—ignore-ancestry’ to the ‘switch’ command.  could you try that
too and report back?  if it works for you too, i shall update the
LogonExtras page.

in general, you need to use the same base SVN address as for the original
‘checkout’, ‘http://svn.emmtee.net’ for most people.  the purpose of the
LOGONSVN environment variable is to enforce such uniformity of SVN access
methods.

so please just try the command from the LogonExtras page, with the addition
of the ‘—ignore-ancestry’ switch.

cheers, oe