[developers] terg in the LOGON tree

Alexandre Rademaker arademaker at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 03:18:28 CET 2019

Hi all,

I am trying to experiment PET, distributed in the LOGON tree, with the last version of ERG (trunk). I tried to understand the process reading of having terg in the LOGON tree the following pages:

[1] http://moin.delph-in.net/LogonInstallation
[2] http://moin.delph-in.net/LogonExtras
[3] http://moin.delph-in.net/ErgTop

In [1] it says to install LOGON with the following command:

svn checkout http://svn.emmtee.net/trunk logon

In [2], section `Test Version of the ERG (Public)` we have the mention to `SVNROOT` and in the beginning of the page, the sentence:

> Due to what appears to be a quirk in how SVN handles mixed-access repositories (i.e. repositories where some content is available to anonymous users, while other parts require user authentication), LOGON co-developers with SVN user accounts should connect through a different URL, viz. http://logon.emmtee.net/

> ...In the following examples, we use the environment variable $LOGONSVN instead of a specific SVN base URL

My first try was:

$ svn switch http://svn.emmtee.net/erg/trunk .
svn: E195012: Path '.' does not share common version control ancestry with the requested switch location.  Use --ignore-ancestry to disable this check.
svn: E195012: 'http://svn.emmtee.net/erg/trunk' shares no common ancestry with '/Users/ar/hpsg/logon/lingo/terg’

I also tried the URL in page [3], with the error:

$ svn switch http://svn.delph-in.net/erg/trunk .
svn: E155025: 'svn switch' does not support switching a working copy to a different repository
svn: E155025: 'http://svn.emmtee.net/trunk/lingo'
is not the same repository as
'http://svn.delph-in.net’

Unfortunately, the url `http://logon.emmtee.net/erg/trunk` requires authentication and I don’t have an account on this server. But consider the name of the section `Test Version of the ERG (Public)`, does it make sense to make it available only to authenticated users? Does ERG source is at http://logon.emmtee.net/erg/trunk and http://svn.delph-in.net/erg/trunk?

Best,

--
Alexandre Rademaker
http://arademaker.github.io