[developers] PyDelphin v1.0.0

goodman.m.w at gmail.com goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 05:03:59 CEST 2019

Hello again,

Thanks to all who sent kind words off-list!

I have a few more things to say about the release:

* If you're upgrading from a previous version, I recommend uninstalling and
reinstalling rather than `pip --upgrade pydelphin` (because upgrading may
not delete old files that could break the packaging). Once you have v1.0.0
working, upgrading to the next version should be safe. Alternatively (and
re-recommended) you can make a new virtual environment and just install to
that clean slate.

* After releasing v1.0.0, I helped Francis, Luis, and the pydmrs project
update their code to the new version, which turned up some potentially
useful features and some bugs. *Sigh*. The bugs prevented DMRS-to-MRS
conversion (MRS-to-DMRS worked, however), which is used by pydmrs. So I've
now released v1.0.1. If you work with DMRS, I recommend using that version.
The new features are planned for v1.1.0, but don't hold your breath---I
plan to take a break to catch up on other things.

* If you encounter any other bugs, please file them at
https://github.com/delph-in/pydelphin/issues. While I'm not adding new
features for a while, I'll release patch versions (1.0.2, etc.) to fix bugs.

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman