[developers] Updating [incr tsdb()] profiles

goodman.m.w at gmail.com goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 05:14:59 CEST 2019

Hi Emily,

Sorry I'm probably too late for your demo, but PyDelphin is able to read
and write to any schema you give it, and "refreshing" profiles to new
schemas is an expected use case. This information exists in the API
documentation (
https://pydelphin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api/delphin.commands.html#mkprof)
but unfortunately has not yet made its way to a more user-friendly guide.

As long as the changes are minor (inserting empty columns or moving columns
around within a single file), there is no data loss. With PyDelphin v1.0,
the command looks like this:

    delphin mkprof --refresh --relations path/to/updated/relations
path/to/profile

This will overwrite the profile using the given relations file as its
schema. Add the --gzip option if you want non-empty files (except
'relations') to be gzipped, otherwise they will be written in plain text.
For more information about options, run the following:

    delphin mkprof --help

Hope that helps!

-mwg

--