[developers] www script in the logon distribution

Alexandre Rademaker arademaker at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 22:09:27 CEST 2020

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your comments. It is really good to have feedbacks. My answers below.

Indeed, we can now take this as a solution for many more situations than those envisioned by http://moin.delph-in.net/LkbMacintosh. I have added a better introduction to the README of the repo. Comments are welcome. I have also added links in http://moin.delph-in.net/ToolsTop.

I renamed it to https://github.com/own-pt/docker-delphin.

> * It looks like you've included web.c from FFTB. The FFTB project is under the MIT license, so you'll need to include its LICENSE file as well.

This is important. Thank you for reminding me about license. I have added a MIT license and in the readme I also add a notice about the license of the tools.

Regarding the web.c copy, I am not very happy with the current solution. I can see the following alternatives:

1. Having a copy of fftb svn repo in a git repository under the DELPH-IN organization. We could than use it to replicate Woodley changes in the SVN official repo, track issues, and we could also have branches with changes like the one I proposed in the web.c.

2. Use a patch file instead of a copy of the whole web.c, a little bit more complicate and I am not sure how safe it would be.

3. Have a script to change the file during the docker image building, somehow similar to the previous option.

Comments are welcome, but I would vote on option 1, if possible, not only for fftb but also for ACE, art etc.

Best,
Alexandre