[developers] www script in the logon distribution

Stephan Oepen oe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Aug 6 10:04:57 CEST 2020

hi again, alexandre:

> For some reason, the www script in the logon distribution does not start the webserver. Using the `--debug` option, I don't have any additional information in the log file (actually, the script didn't mention the debug anywhere). I am following all instructions from http://moin.delph-in.net/LogonOnline. In particular, pvmd3 is running without any error in the startup. I don't see any *.pvm file in the /tmp. The script bin/logon starts LKB and the [incr TSDB()] normally. I have used `—cat` to save a lisp file and load it manually in the ACL REPL, no error too. Any idea?

i am slowly catching up to DELPH-IN email, with apologies for the long
turn-around!

is the above still a current problem?  is this within your container,
or does it also occur on a 'regular' linux box?

to debug further, note that the 'www' script sets things up so that
you can interact with the running lisp image once initialization is
complete, i.e. just type into the lisp prompt, e.g. to inspect the
state of AllegroServe.

when you observe that the web server is not started, does that mean it
does not even bind to its port?  when running with the standard
'--erg' option, i would expect the following to work (and return the
dynamically generated top-level page):

wget http://localhost:8100/logon

best wishes, oe