[developers] Valid MRS? Bug in ERG?

goodman.m.w at gmail.com goodman.m.w at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 06:40:02 CEST 2020

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 12:02 PM Alexandre Rademaker <arademaker at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Thank you for your comments.
>
> The main fact now is that LKB does not produce  disconnected MRSs for the
> same sentence.  Maybe ACE error or a difference on the initialization
> scripts of ERG for each tool? I understood the possible difference in the
> approach for converting MRS to EDS between LKB and PyDelphin, but the MRSs
> are different to begin with.

Oh I see. I missed that part of your message. Different parse-ranking
models, perhaps?

> Good point about the incomplete DMRS output.   One more hasty conclusion
> from my side. I didn’t inspect carefully the DMRS produced.
>
> How can I tell edm to use DMRS instead of EDS? Maybe I missed
> something...

The -f / --format option specifies the codec to use. E.g., --format=dmrx

Maybe edm must be more robust to ignore pairs with errors?

That's a good idea. I created
https://github.com/delph-in/delphin.edm/issues/3

--
-Michael Wayne Goodman