[developers] Bug in interactive unification

Guy Emerson gete2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 13 12:34:58 CET 2020

Hi John, Woodley, and Stephan,

Thank you all for your fast responses!  This has been really helpful.

I have come across two further small bugs, both to do with type names
consisting entirely of numeric characters.  Such names are allowed
internally in the LKB, and in terms of unification, they seem to behave
exactly as I expect them to.  I couldn't find documentation suggesting that
numeric characters should be treated differently.  However:

(1) in the View>Expanded type pop-up window, a string of numeric characters
gives the message "Not defined - try again.", even if the type is defined.
(When the pop-up window shows a drop-down instead of a text box, such types
appear in the list.)

(2) Displaying such a type causes LUI to crash.  For example, a type named
"1" causes a crash, with the following in the log file (where the value of
RESULT is 1):

process_complete_command(): `
avm 3 #D[null-with-push-1-here RESULT: #D[1 REST: NULL]]
"null-with-push-1-here - expanded"
 '

Type of dag was not a symbol or string (type 2)

Best,
Guy