[erg] Impending arrival of message-free ERG

Dan Flickinger danf at csli.stanford.edu
Sun Mar 18 00:36:21 CET 2007

Colleagues -

As announced at the DELPH-IN Summit at Fefor last June, the upcoming
version of the ERG (and all successive versions) will be message-free.
I have just checked in the final message-ful version of the ERG today,
so make a note that the grammar version "LinGO (15-Mar-07)" checked in
on 17-March-07 is the last one with messages.  I plan to check in the
message-free version, still named 'erg' on 20-March-07.  It will be an
almost exact equivalent of the message-ful one, so comparison between
the two variants of the resulting MRSs should be useful.

As always, I look forward to hearing of your experiences with these
releases.

Cheers,

 Dan