[erg] semantics of "so" as in "do so"

Emily M. Bender ebender at uw.edu
Wed Oct 9 03:14:44 CEST 2013

Hello Paul,

It looks like "do so" is being treated as a "pro-verb", and that seems
appropriate to me.  Proverbs (like ellipsis) take their interpretation from
context.  So this says basically that
x6 is doing something, but what that something is needs to be resolved.

Emily

--
Emily M. Bender
Associate Professor