[erg] issues / questions re the latest head of the ERG

Paul Haley paul at haleyai.com
Tue Nov 18 20:39:00 CET 2014

Greetings,

It appears that some semantic attributes of features of arguments of
predications have changed in MRS, such as PRONTYPE becoming PT and one
of its values changing from STD_PRON to STD.  Looking at semi.vpm and
(R)MRS discussions on DELPH-IN, it appears that more has changed, but I
cannot find a good summary or discussion of changes at the feature
level, in particular.  Is there a reference or some brief summary of
what has changed in the ERG with respect to MRS over the last year?

Thank you,
Paul

P.S. In compiling the ERG (with a year old flop), I receive a number of
messages such as follows.  The only references I can find to the type
are commented out in constructions.tdl and ctype.tdl.  The result seems
to work fine, but any insights or suggestions would also be appreciated.

WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #636307
WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #636308
WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #636309
WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #636959
WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #637573
WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #637575
WARN    : Unknown type/instance `n-hdn_ttl-cpd_c' in feature #637578

--
Paul Haley
Automata, Inc.
paul at haleyai.com