[itsdb] `gloss' field?

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 04:42:13 CEST 2005

G'day,

> Is there any field in the fine system which can be co-opted for
> storing glosses of sentences?  This would be useful for students
> working with languages (in my multilingual grammar engineering class)
> that they don't now well.  For sentences that parse, one can
> read a gloss of the MRS, but this isn't available for sentences
> that don't parse...

There is a comment field in item (i-comment).  It is displayed in the
treebanking annotation tool, which is nice, but as far as I know
nowhere else, so it may not be so useful for sentences that didn't
parse.

You can also annotate words with POS tags, and strip them off in the
preprocessing (rasp-preprocess-for-pet ?).  You could include the base
form in the POS tag, but I don't think these are displayed either, ...

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Machine Translation Research Group