[itsdb] Problem browsing Redwoods annotations

Tommy Herbert tommyherbert at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 18:07:16 CET 2007

On 1/20/07, Stephan Oepen <oe at csli.stanford.edu> wrote:
> could you try the following:
>
>   - confirm you have current versions of the LKB and [incr tsdb()].
>   - make sure you have the correct version of the ERG loaded, i.e. the
>     one against which your Redwoods version was built, i.e. the one in
>     the Redwoods download directory (Jun-04 for the 5th growth).

I think I do, but I'll be able to double-check tomorrow evening.

>   - after invoking `Trees | Annotate', please email me all messages in
>     the *common-lisp* buffer, plus the following two files
>
>     /tmp/tsdb.debug.tommy
>     /tmp/podium.debug.tommy

Right.  I'll get that to you on Tuesday.

> so far, i have no idea what might be going wrong for you (especially if
> the process actually worked once), but we should be able to work things
> out.

Great, thanks so much.

> --- if what you are actually interested in is the set of MRSs for each
> preferred reading in the Redwoods treebank, there should be better ways
> of getting at those, viz. a batch export into a set of ASCII files.  it
> might just work setting `Trees | Switches | Thinning Export' (to only
> include preferred parses in the output) and run `Trees | Export'.  but
> ordinarily we would run this procedure from a script; see
>
>   http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/RedwoodsTop
>
> for some discussion.  admittedly, i have not tried that script on the
> 5th Growth in several years, so please report if there are problems!

Yes.  It would be nice to browse the MRSs, but you're right: the main
thing I need is the export.  I've got output from the script, but it's
unexpectedly under-annotated.  I've sent a separate message about this
to redwoods at delph-in.net.  Is that the right place for that question,
or should I repost it here?

Thanks again for your help,
Tommy