[itsdb] PVM still works but shows strange behaviour

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Fri Mar 9 14:19:16 CET 2007

Hi,

I just discovered that PVM works still, but in a strange way. I
initiated the process from a different machine (pvmd3, pvm and then
added hosts by hand). This worked for some hosts very fast, but for
others it took almost a minute. Is there anything one can do about this?
What is the cannonical way to start this?

One call to pvmd3 on one machine? All other machines without pvmd3
running? Everything under /tmp/.pvm... deleted?

Any help would be really aprecheated, since it takes me hours to get all
CPUs registered. I remember earlier times where itsdb did this
automatically without any explicit call to pvm.

Thanks and best wishes

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Bremen/Fachbereich 10      Tel: (+49) (+421) 218-8601
Postfach 33 04 40
D-28334 Bremen

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/