[itsdb] Automated install [incr tsdb()] not loading

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 1 23:07:10 CET 2008

Hi,

A couple of the students in my class are having this problem (though
not all of them):

M-x lkb behaves as expected.

M-x itsdb

Gets as far as:

And then it gives the error "The compiler is not available in Allegro
Runtime."

This suggests to me that some .fasl file is missing, but I can't
really tell which.

In another students' (working) system, the next thing that gets loaded
is src/general/loadup-library.lisp ... not .fasl.

The particular system that I'm looking at is Ubuntu (7.10, Gutsy
Gibbon) under Parallels on a mac.

At least three students are hitting this error.  Help?

Emily