[itsdb] found problem with autoinstall

Stefan Müller stefan.mueller at fu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 25 13:15:12 CET 2008

Hi,

I now found the problem with the autoinstallation: I use a 32bit version
of emacs on a 64bit system. The auto install script downloaded the 64bit
version, but the emacs variable system-configuration tells the LKB to
load the 32bit image (which is not installed).

I definded system-configuration differently, LKB now asks for
libXm.so.4, which does not come with the 64bit downloads.

I linked libXm.so.4 to libXm.so.3 (which worked in previous installs
were I linked so.2 to so.3), but this caused the question for Xpm.so.4.

I am going through all this pain, because I cannot get the PVM to run.
The problem seems to be related to platform issues: When I start the pvm
clients by hand, all know that they are 64bit. When I try to start them
automatically from the podium everything breaks, I guess [incr TSDB()]
starts 32bit versions. So it seems to be necessary for me to get the
64bit LKB to work.

Thanks and greetings

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                     Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/