[itsdb] PVM setup

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at fu-berlin.de
Thu May 8 21:14:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

I now have a system that is consitently 64bit. LKB runs nicely, but I
have a problem with itsdb: It complains like this:

initialize-cpus(): `dg02' communication error <-6>.

According to the PVM reference card this means "no such host". If I add
the host manually to the pvm, itsdb works fine:

pvm> conf
conf
2 hosts, 1 data format
                     HOST     DTID     ARCH   SPEED       DSIG
                    dg01    40000  LINUX64    1000 0x00408c41
                    dg02    80000  LINUX64    1000 0x00408c41

So there seems to be an itsdb problem in adding hosts automatically. One
can set up the hosts manualy and everything works nicely. However if one
does a reset of the PVM, one has to set up the PVM by hand again. If
there is a way to fix this or to get more information about the possible
reason, this would be highly welcome.

Thanks and greetings

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller       Tel: (+49) (+30) 838 52973
                     Fax: (+49) (030) 838 4 52973

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/

http://hpsg.fu-berlin.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/