[lkb] filter rules for semantically empty elements

Sara Stymne sarst at ida.liu.se
Thu May 12 17:02:37 CEST 2005

Hi!

I am doing my master's thesis on machine translation between Swedish and
English using the lkb system.

In my grammars I have some semantically empty elements which makes
generation very slow. The lkb also warns me about having elements with
no semantics and no filter rules. My problem is that I don't know how to
write these filter rules and I haven't been able to find any
documentation about it anywhere. In the user manual it does say that it
is possible to load heuristics for on the generate-menue, but there is
no infomration on how these heuristics should be written.

Does anyone know where to find information about how to write filter
rules/heuristics?

/Sara Stymne