[lkb] SCIM and [incr TSDB()]

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Tue Mar 28 12:02:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

I found out that SCIM (an input tool for Chinese) is incompatible with
the [incr TSDB()] podium. If SCIM is running, I cannot create test
suites since the keyboard events do not get through to \itsdb. The
problem is that SCIM is running for all users who use KDE under SuSE
10.0. So this means that \itsdb does not work for all SuSE users. The
first thing that I did after installing SuSE 10.0 was getting rid of
SCIM (since it also reacted to Control+Space, which I use in emacs). Now
I want to use SCIM, since it is a good way to get Chinese characters
into applications, but this means that I cannot use the fine system.

Does anybody know a way around this problem? I found something in the
net about a TCL/TK problem with SCIM and updated the packages, but if I
rember correctly, Oe is using his own `wish', which may explain why my
update of the respective packages did not have an effect.

Thanks and best wishes

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Potsdam      Tel: (+49) (+331) 977-2180

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/