[lkb] Information for LKB system ?

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 01:01:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

>    I am Mr.  Ahmed Madani a computer science graduate engineer from Hassiba
> Ben Bouali universite at Chlef in Algeria, my final project is a conception
> and realization of a syntax analyzer based on the HPSG model for the Arabic
> language. I want to use the LKB system as a platform for my application, so
> I have a problem with the system
> witch is the leak of Arabic language support. I want to know if there is
> possibility to
> extend the system for Arabic language support by using specific libraries of
> by developing new module for the system. I will be waiting for any response
> form you with a lot of glad.

There are some problems with entering multibyte characters through the
LISP input window.  However, if you call the LKB within emacs, as
described in <http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LkbEmacs> then it should
work.  I don't know if there are any problems displaying arabic, but
we have had some success with Japanese and Korean.  Sometimes the LUI
interface works better than the LISP CLIM interface, although you will
have to specify the fonts you want:
http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LuiRc.

I hope this reply is useful to you,

Francis