[lkb] LKB under Ubuntu on Mac

Francis Bond fcbond at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 01:54:49 CEST 2006

G'Day,
> I've got Ubuntu running under Parallels on my MacBook Pro,
> and I thought I'd see if I could install the LKB.  I realize
> this is not a standard configuration, so I wouldn't be surprised
> if this is not possible, but I am a little surprised at the
> particular error that I'm getting:
>
> I've done the automated install, and added the requisite lines
> to my .emacs.
>
> When I do M-x lkb, I get errors (see the buffer included below).
>
> The file libXm.so.3 is installed in ~/delphin/lib/linux.x86.32.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about why this file isn't being found?

Something needs to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, as the library is in a
wierd place.  This can be done by loading  delphin/lkb/etc/dot.bashrc,
and making sure you start emacs from a shell, not the panel.

Alternatively, you can include the universe repositories and
$sudo apt-get install libmotif3
which puts the library you want in the standard place.

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Natural Language Research Group