[lkb] Getting Parse results from LKB

Bernhard Fisseni bfi at ikp.uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 16 20:19:50 CEST 2006

Scripsit Bernhard Fisseni diē 16.10.2006 20:07:
> Dear Ann,
>
> Scripsit Ann Copestake diē 16.10.2006 19:28:
>> The most recent version of the LKB should compile under SBCL without graphics
>> - I think Ben Waldron may have announced this to the developers list but not
>> to the lkb list. However, I imagine someone will have to fiddle around with
>> the memory settings to get it to run with GG.  If you don't want graphics,
>> SBCL sounds like an excellent option if the memory location problem can be
>> overcome: it is faster than Allegro CL on some tests/architectures.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion; but as I've already written, at the moment I
> can't get LKB (2006-09-05, downloaded from
> http://lingo.stanford.edu/ftp/latest/) to compile with SBCL on either
> Mac OS 10.4.8 (0.9.17, I invented "darwin.x86.32" as the directory for
> binaries in lkb/src/general/sbcl-patches.lisp) with an Intel Mac, nor on
> Linux x86/32 (SBCL 0.9.16).  In both cases, the error message is the same:
>     debugger invoked on a COMMON-LISP:TYPE-ERROR in thread
>       #<THREAD "initial thread" {A62F569}>:
>       The value EXTRA is not of type COMMON-LISP:LIST.
>
> (Should I post the log somewhere?)

Or maybe I should first say what I do, in case I missed something
important.  Taking the instructions from
http://wiki.delph-in.net/moin/LkbCompilation, I entered:

    (load "lkb/src/general/loadup")
    (compile-system "lkb" :force t)

before I got the errors.

Cheers,
Bernhard

--
Bernhard Fisseni
Uni: Institut fuer Kommunikationswissenschaften