[lkb] Getting Parse results from LKB

Shuly Wintner shuly at cs.haifa.ac.il
Mon Oct 16 20:43:48 CEST 2006

On 16-Oct-06, at 7:16 PM, Bernhard Fisseni wrote:

> This sounds indeed a lot more complex than what we need.  In fact,
> I'd be happy to "just" have a feature structure showing at least
> the functional relationships and syntactic dependencies.  This
> information must be used during the parsing process, and from
> Berthold's post I gather that some access to this information is
> possible.

I should add that this is similar to my request on this list a few
weeks back. The ability to output feature structures, in any format,
to the standard output would be a welcome improvement of LKB. This is
particularly missing for the 'batch processing' option. Running LKB
from the command-line, reading a grammar and a file of input
sentences from the standard input and printing structures to the
standard output would be ideal for me.

> Unsetting DISPLAY does not work for me — LKB generates an error
> message saying that the display cannot be accessed; with DISPLAY
> set, a graphic tree is shown, even for "do-parse-tty".

I'm running LKB on a Mac, and unfortunately I can't even run it from
the command line, let alone disable DISPLAY.

Shuly