[lkb] Getting Parse results from LKB

Bernhard Fisseni bfi at ikp.uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 16 21:51:16 CEST 2006

Dear Shuly,

Scripsit Shuly Wintner diē 16.10.2006 20:43:
> On 16-Oct-06, at 7:16 PM, Bernhard Fisseni wrote:

[...]
>> I'd be happy to "just" have a feature structure showing at least
>> the functional relationships and syntactic dependencies.  This
[...]

[...]
> particularly missing for the 'batch processing' option. Running LKB
> from the command-line, reading a grammar and a file of input
> sentences from the standard input and printing structures to the
> standard output would be ideal for me.

;-)  Maybe Philipp, whom Berthold mentioned, has an solved this problem
in some way applicable to our cases?  (I suppose some kind of server
mode would be interesting, because it takes quite long to load the grammar.)

>> Unsetting DISPLAY does not work for me — LKB generates an error
>> message saying that the display cannot be accessed; with DISPLAY
>> set, a graphic tree is shown, even for "do-parse-tty".
>
> I'm running LKB on a Mac, and unfortunately I can't even run it from
> the command line, let alone disable DISPLAY.

What LISP do you use?  (And, if LKB doesn't work anyway, isn't DISPLAY
already "disabled"?)

Cheers,
Bernhard